About Me

I am a National Board Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Professional School Counselor, Professional School Administrator, and a Professional K-12 Educator. I have been working with young people for over fifteen years and have served elementary, middle school, high school, and collegiate populations as a tutor, mentor, teacher, counselor, and principal. It is my goal to share experiences from my work and life that may assist people, parents, counselors, and educators alike to help children to grow up to be competent, caring, and responsible and to help adults build resilience through life's transitions. On a personal note, I am married, have a school aged daughter, and a Coton de Tulear puppy. Besides being a loving mother and wife and an educator and counselor, my passions are creative expression through scrapbooking, stamping, sewing, cooking, and home decor. You can follow my creative side on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SnowdenStyle or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SnowdenStyle. Cheers!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Dose of Dr. Seuss!

Of all days, I ended up having a lung biopsy scheduled for today...Read Across America Day and Dr. Seuss's Birthday.  Karmanos called late Monday and said...it's Wednesday (I do get treated at a cancer hospital, but I should mention that, thankfully, I do not have cancer...just for the record).  Talk about no time to prepare.  So the Suess hats I talked about in my previous post obviously got nixed.  Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.  I did, however,  manage to whip up some Green Eggs and Ham and toast with green butter for dinner.  And of course, we read the book Green Eggs and Ham.

The recipe for the Green Eggs and Ham is my own, and I'm happy to share.

non-stick cooking spray
Queso Blanco (shredded)--available at Costco...if you can't find it, I'm sure mozzarella would work well, too.
1 pkg. sliced Canadian bacon (cut up into small squares)
6 eggs
1/2 cup or so of milk (I don't measure when I cook)
Kelly or Leaf Green food coloring (I use Wilton brand that you would use to color cake frosting---less chemical preservatives, no funny taste, and believe it or not, it does not stain)
Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Heat pan on medium and spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Add cheese and bacon. Stir frequently to brown.  In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, food coloring, and salt and pepper.  Whip with a wire whisk until well-mixed.  Add egg mixture to the cheese and bacon.  Stir frequently until eggs are cooked.  Serve immediately.  Makes 4 to 6 servings. 

For the toast and green butter, just add food coloring to your favorite butter or margarine, mix well, and spread on your toast.

My daughter loves them!  Hope that you enjoy them, too!



1 comment:

  1. Audra- looks like you made the most of your day, and the joy on Gianna's face says it all!! :) Kim

    ReplyDelete