About Me

I am a National Board Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Professional School Counselor, Professional School Administrator, and a Professional K-12 Educator. I have been working with young people for over fifteen years and have served elementary, middle school, high school, and collegiate populations as a tutor, mentor, teacher, counselor, and principal. It is my goal to share experiences from my work and life that may assist people, parents, counselors, and educators alike to help children to grow up to be competent, caring, and responsible and to help adults build resilience through life's transitions. On a personal note, I am married, have a school aged daughter, and a Coton de Tulear puppy. Besides being a loving mother and wife and an educator and counselor, my passions are creative expression through scrapbooking, stamping, sewing, cooking, and home decor. You can follow my creative side on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SnowdenStyle or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SnowdenStyle. Cheers!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Transition Time...Again!

Well, it's been almost a year since I started my blog and it started off great.  But then this lung issue got the best of me and I've spent most of 2011 thus far recovering from two lung surgeries.  In that recovery time, I've had the opportunity to learn and experience multiple forms of healing arts such as soul collage, art journaling, and zentangling as well as engage in  wellness practices such as meditation and yoga.  Additionally, I have been blessed to have a strong support system throughout my recovery for whom I am forever grateful.  The increased emphasis on supporting me (the supportee) has been a learning experience for me, since traditionally I have always been the supporter.  After some thought about this issue, I have decided to shift the focus of my blog a bit.  Whereas I will still continue to write about supporting children and adolescents through life transitions because that is my area of expertise, I plan to add adults to the repertoire as well, as I am quickly learning about this through first-hand, real-life experience.  I feel it is important to educate people about transitioning through various stages of an entire life, since we really are constantly experiencing change and transition.  I hope you will continue to stay with me.  Thanks for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment